ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
General & Deadlines
- Abstracts MUST be submitted via the online submission system by the given deadline of 14 February 2023
- Abstracts will be reviewed by the Symposia Conveners and will be selected for oral or poster presentations. The preference for oral/poster presentation may be indicated while submitting the abstract.
- Abstracts can be amended any time until the deadline of 14 February 2023 through the abstract submission system.
- Abstracts received after the deadline cannot be accepted and therefore will not be considered for the program or publication.
- It is commonly understood that Authors of accepted papers have the financial resources to pay all personal expenses incurred including assembly registration, production of their presentation, travel and accommodation during the Conference.
The exceptions are the IUGG travel grant awardees, who will get a partial financial support to attend the IUGG General Assembly (see IUGG GRANT APPLICATION).
- Each submitter and the presenting author will be notified about the abstract acceptance/rejection via e-mail by 17 March 2023.
- All accepted abstracts will then be assigned a DOI.
- All authors are required to register by 6 April 2023 to be included in the final program.
- A confirmation of acceptance notification and a paid-up abstract submission administrative fee will be required in order to have the abstract published in the 28th General Assembly Abstract book. Should the author not follow either of these, the organizer reserves the right not to include the author’s work in the Abstract book.
Abstract Submission Administrative Fee
- Abstract Submission Administrative Fee
- An administrative fee of 50 EUR (excl VAT) will be required per each abstract submission, based on your country and VAT registration status, the fee is calculated as follows:
- Submitters from Germany pay 50 EUR + 19% VAT (total 59,50 EUR), regardless of their VAT registration status.
- Submitters from all countries except Germany
- who are VAT registered pay 50 EUR + 0% VAT (they need to fill in their VAT number in the invoice details step)
- who are NOT VAT registered pay 50 EUR + 19% VAT (total 59,50 EUR)
- The abstract submission fee is a nonrefundable processing fee, and not based on approval of your abstract submission or attendance at the 28th General Assembly. Refunds will not be issued for abstracts that are withdrawn.
- Any amendments within your abstract can be done free of charge using the online submission system until the Abstract Submission Deadline. After this deadline, edits cannot be made.
- The only method of payment accepted for the abstract submission administrative fee is by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express) in the abstract submission system. Bank transfers and other methods cannot be accommodated.
- The abstract submission fee does not register you for the General Assembly, separate registration fees apply. All presenters must register in order to attend the General Assembly. Registration can be accessed here.
- When submitting your abstract, consider and choose first the category and the specific symposium, which you wish to have your abstract allocated in (please refer to the list of categories & symposia). Note that the symposia conveners reserve the right to decide on the final assignment upon the abstract evaluation.
- Submitter must clearly indicate the presenting author and can include up to 15 co-authors or eventually a group of authors (et al., or team name).
- An abstract should contain maximum of 250 words. The system shows how many words are left to the limit.
- Titles should consist of no more than 20 words and a “First letter capitalized” format should be used
(eg. My abstract for the 28th IUGG General Assembly will be presented in Berlin)
- All abstracts must be written in English.
- You can choose from the following presentation types: oral, poster or no preference. In case of no preference the convener will decide on the final presentation type for you.
Disclosure of Interest
The intent is to provide high-quality sessions focused on educational content free of commercial influence or bias. We ask all presenters to co-operate in this by:
- declaring any potential conflict of interest on a disclosure section of the abstract submission
- do not include company names
Should you have difficulties in submitting your abstracts or you need further information, please contact the IUGG 2023 Scientific Program Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +420 296 219 600.